Wednesday, March 16, 2011

SXSW 2011 Edition Podcasts

Just in time! I have finally completed one of my favorite yearly rituals. I have combed through the thousand odd mp3s made available by artists coming to play SXSW and picked out my favorites and sorted them, as best I can, in to bite size mixes so you can find what you want quickly and easily. That said, some songs don't fit easily into one category or another so there are likely hidden gems in genres you might not expect to like. And of course, I can't include everyone so I have made the decision to error on the side of choosing the unknown band. For example, I love Grupo Fantasma but once you win a Grammy you probably don't need any help from me. Anyway, enough intro, on with the music.

I have grouped the 15 short mixes into four overarching catagories: Acoustic, Rock, Hip Hop, and Electronica and then a small introduction is given, along with a tracklist. Enjoy and be sure to check back after the festival for my recap podcast with commentary.

Thanks for listening and don't forget to support the artists,

Aaron


Same old directions on how to access the podcast


1. Use Itunes

-Open Itunes

- Click the “Advanced” pull down menu and select “Subscribe to a Podcast

- Paste following URL into the box: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ActiveListener

- Click “OK” and you’re set. Downloading should begin immediately and Itunes will automatically download new episodes

2. Download the file direct

-Click the link: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ActiveListener

-Find the link that says “Play Now” under the desired podcast and right click on it

-from the right click menu select “Save link as…”

-Choose location and file name and download. This needs to be done each time I release a new podcast.

No comments: