Now, since I wasn't actually able to make it to Austin for SXSW this year, I needed to bring in someone who was there, on the ground. And while Eli's lists are great, he wanted a way to actually get the sounds to people, not just hand them names. Teaming up was the obvious solution.
What resulted was a list of 20 stellar bands that the world needs to hear. They come from all over the world and run the gamut of genres. Most importantly, I have to say, this was one of the most fun recordings I've ever done. We'll have to do it again. Thanks to Eli and BlackBook. Be sure to check out Eli's article here. And join us at facebook.com/activelistener to join the conversation and share you favorites from SXSW this year.
One technical note, apparently SXSW.com has already taken all the band info pages down so none of the links in the tracklists and embedded in the podcasts from the 11 mixes I put out last week will work anymore. It's pretty lame they took those down so quick and I apologize. For this podcast I have linked to the bands' homepages. If you're listening in Itunes you'll need the "Now Playing" window open to see the band images and links.
Thanks for listening and don't forget to support the artists,
Direct Download Link
1. To get new episodes
- Open your favorite podcast program (Itunes, Downcast, etc...)
- Search for Active Listener
- Select the Active Listener podcast
- Click subscribe
2. To get older episodes (that don't show up in Itunes)
- Head to the podcast website http://
- Use the Blog Archive file tree on the right hand side of the page to locate the episode you want and click the link
- To stream the episode just click the name Podcast xx - ...
- To download, right click (open apple click on a mac) on the name and from the menu that pops up select “Save link as…”
- Choose location and file name and then download