Friday, February 3, 2012

Podcast 33 - Alt Classical

The podcast is back!  And may I add I think this one was worth the wait.  For this episode I embarked on a little project that ended up being more difficult that I originally intended.  The goal was to find a new mix of bands that all have a similar style to Balmorhea, who I really love.  Turns out, Balmorhea's sound actually is pretty unique.  The mission was not a however a failure by any means.  I found some great stuff and almost even better, I found some new ways to search for music.  Sit back, relax, and take a listen to what I came up with.

If you notice the file size is a bit bigger, it's because I finally took the ten seconds to figure out how to encode the mix as a 320 mp3.  It makes a huge difference in the sound quality, especially for the recording of my voice.

Thanks for listening and don't forget to support the artists,

Aaron

Tracklist
1. Schones Madchen by Hauschka on Ferndorf
2. The Beast by Gadarene on SXSW 2010 Showcasing Artists
3. Clamor by Balmorhea on Candor/Clamor
4. Pretend (ft. Emika) by The Brandt Brauer Frick Ensemble on Mr. Machine
5. Dash and Blast by Yndi Halda on Enjoy Eternal Bliss
6. 3055 by Olafur Arnalds on Eulogy for Evolution
7. Childhood 2 by Craig Armstrong on Piano Works
8. The Heart Asks Pleasure First by Michael Nyman on The Piano Soundtrack
9. Promentory by Trevor Jones on The Last of the Mohicans Soundtrack
10. Truth by Balmorhea on All is Wild, All is Silent



Same old directions on how to access the podcast





1. Use Itunes
-Open Itunes
- Click the “Advanced” pull down menu and select “Subscribe to a Podcast
- Paste following URL into the box: http://feeds.feedburner.com/ActiveListener
- Click “OK” and you’re set. Downloading should begin immediately and Itunes will automatically download new episodes
2. Download the file direct
-Find the link that says “Play Now” under the desired podcast and right click on it
-from the right click menu select “Save link as…”
-Choose location and file name and download. This needs to be done each time I release a new podcast.

No comments: