Many of you (especially those in the States) don't know it yet but you actually love drum and bass. You just haven't actually listened to it yet. Today that all changes.
Liquid is a sub genre of drum and bass which nails down pretty well almost all my favorite DnB tunes. Not that I work real hard to fit tracks into different labeled boxes but to give a general idea of what the liquid label means I'll defer to Wikipedia which says, "it contains fewer bar-oriented samples and more instrumental layers (both synthesized and natural), harmonies, and ambience, producing a calmer atmosphere directed at both home listeners and nightclub audiences." One of the really cool parts about it for me is the drum part sounds like it is in double time to the melody a lot of the time or the melody is half time. Either way, it's the juxtaposition that really gets me. Of course sometimes, you gotta get dark, dirty, and just blow it up. We've got some killer brand new stuff as well as going way back in a knod to a true originator of the genre.
Oh and I don't know what I was thinking when I recorded this podcast but there is no such thing as Hospitality Records or the Hospitality Podcast. It's just Hospital Records and the Hospital Podcast. I've been such a fan of theirs for so long you'd think I could at least get the name right. Oh well. Enjoy.
Thanks for listening and don't forget to support the artists,
1. Just Play by Technicolour and Komatic on Worldwide:001
2. Strange Encounter by Nu:Tone on Three Bags Full
3. Fate or Faith (ft. Julee Cruise) by Ror-Shak on Deep
4. Horizons by LTJ Bukem on Logical Progression
5. Dark Walk by Smoke City on
6. The Light by Seba, Paradox, and Kirsty Hawkshaw on The Light/As If
7. Love the Silence (ft. Elsa Esmerelda) by London Elektricity on Yikes!
8. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang by High Contrast on Tough Guys Don't Dance
9. Just One Second (Apex Remix) by London Elektricity on Sick Music
Same old directions on how to access the podcast
1. Use Itunes
- Click the “Advanced” pull down menu and select “Subscribe to a Podcast”